Due to a pending retirement Arthur County Schools is seeking candidates for a secretary/bookkeeper.
Education Level and Certification: High school diploma required, additional training and education in the areas of accounting/record keeping, or office technology encouraged.
Compensation: Contract position, starting salary will depend on experience.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Operate office equipment: copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for email, spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Answer telephones and provide pertinent information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greet visitors and callers, help with their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for financial and other records.
- Route, and distribute incoming mail and other material.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Order and dispense supplies.
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned by the Superintendent, Principal or other supervisors.
If interested in applying for this position please submit a cover letter or letter of interest and a résumé to:
Barry Schaeffer, Superintendent
Arthur County Schools
111 Elm Street
PO BOX 145
Arthur NE 69121
Or by email to: email@example.com
It is the policy of Arthur County Schools to not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, color, religion, veteran status, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or other protected status in its educational programs, admission policies, employment policies or other administered programs. Persons requiring accommodations to apply and/or be considered for positions are asked to make their request to the Superintendent.