Board of Education Special Meeting Notice
NOTICE OF MEETING: The Arthur County Schools Board of Education will hold a special meeting on Monday March 30, 2020 in the high school library. Starting time will be 7:00 p.m. The purpose of the meeting will be to address the school district's response to the state and national emergency relating to the coronavirus outbreak.
This is a public meeting and members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend, however to help us meet the restrictions on the number of people in a gathering, we have an online zoom meeting link set up to allow public access to the meeting. Please follow this link on Monday night to view the meeting. https://zoom.us/j/589017844
The agenda follws and a copy will be on file in the superintendent's office.
- Take Roll
- Call to order-Pledge of Allegiance
- Items for Board Discussion and/or Possible Action
- Board Resolution to delegate the following Powers to the Superintendent: in the event the board of education is unable to meet, or unable to meet quickly enough given the ever-changing landscape, due to the impact of COVID-19, the superintendent, in consultation with the Board President, is authorized :
- to make emergency expenditures and pay all claims and take any other action authorized by law during the emergency and any resulting school closure, including with board approval taking actions that may otherwise conflict with board policy or that would otherwise exceed the authority given to the superintendent in board policy if necessary based on this emergency and the COVID-19 pandemic;
- accept credits associated with e-learning or other educational opportunities provided in light of the COVID-19 closure, and those will count toward graduation credits to the max extent permitted by state law and will count for purposes of the district’s policy on graduation requirements;
- to take any action appropriate or necessary to avail the district of aid, funding, or other relief available, including making any necessary filings and providing notices to appropriate agencies, and to coordinate, authorize, or undertake works ,contracts, projects, or other activities related to such aid, funding, or other relief available to the maximum extent permitted by law; and
- authorized to assign and utilize staff as necessary prior to, during, and after a closure, and to provide any leave, pay any compensation, and enter into agreements with staff for the purposes of protecting the health and safety of the school community, continuing the efficient operations of the school district, and ensuring staff return to work in the school district in the event of a closure.
- Accept the E-Learning plan for Arthur County Schools
- Approve or reject addendum to Negotiated Agreement regarding the use of staff sick leave presented by Arthur Education association and NSEA with understanding it sunsets at the end of the 2019-2020 contract year.